Go Shopping Below
Price range: $200 – $1,000. Brief information below.
Buy Victorinox Swiss Army Maverick Online
- About Victorinox
- About Victorinox Swiss Army Maverick
- Date Function
- Case Material
- Case Dimension
- Case Back
- Strap Materials
- Water Resistance
- Additional Questions
Victorinox was founded by Karl Elsener in 1884, in the city of Ibach, in the Canton of Schwyz, in Switzerland. The brand is an independent family owned company. Victorinox is first and foremost famous for its legendary Swiss Army Knife.
The original commercial idea of Victorinox was to manufacture high quality pocket knives for the Swiss army. It wasn’t until 1989, that Victorinox launched its first watches.
Victorinox Swiss Army Maverick is a small, functional, practical, elegant and versatile water resistant sports and dress watch, equipped with highly accurate Swiss quartz/battery movements. Most of their watches cost below $1,000, and the Victorinox Swiss Army Maverick could be considered to be a combination or blend, of a lower end Swiss luxury watch, and a practical and robust beater watch.
If you for example wish to purchase an expensive timepiece, but you also want a robust beater watch which can replace your luxury watch in certain demanding situations, the Victorinox Swiss Army Maverick is a very good choice. The Maverick is robust, practical, and affordable.
- Swiss quartz.
- Many of their watches have a chronograph function, a tachymeter, and a 24 hour indicator. All of their watches have the basic time functions: hour-, minute-, and second hands.
The most commonly used materials are:
- Stainless steel.
- Gold painted stainless steel.
Ladies’ watches: D = Diameter. TH = Thickness:
- D: 33mm.
- D: 34mm.
- D: 37mm.
Men’s watches: D = Diameter. TH = Thickness:
- D: 43mm.
- Solid case back.
- Unidirectional bezel.
- Sapphire crystal.
- Stainless steel bracelet.
- Rubber straps.
- Textile straps.
- Fold-over clasp with safety.
- 100 meters/330 feet.
Victorinox Swiss Army Maverick is suitable for swimming and snorkeling but not diving.
Even though a divers watch is expected to have a minimum water resistance of 100 meters/330 feet, and be equipped with a timer/bezel (Maverick fulfills these criteria) the recommendations say that if a watch is water resistant down to 100 meters/330 feet, you can go showering, bathing and swimming with the watch, but diving with it, is not recommended.
- What is a Divers Watch?
- What is the ISO-6425 international standard?
- What do the various water resistance levels actually mean?
- What is a “unidirectional bezel”?
- How does the bezel work?
- Authorized and non-authorized dealers – what is the difference between them?
- Return Policy
- What To Do If The Watch Breaks
- Repairing The Watch – What Goes On Behind The Scenes?
- How Frequently Does My Watch Need To Be Serviced And Cleaned?
- How To Use The Three Types Of Watch Movements
- How To Choose a Timepiece