Go Shopping Below
Price range: $6,000 – $25,000. Brief information below.
Buy Calibre de Cartier Online
- About Cartier
- About Calibre de Cartier
- Date Function
- Case Material
- Case Dimension
- Case Back
- Strap Materials
- Water Resistance
- Additional Questions
In 1847, Louis-François Cartier founded Cartier in Paris – France. Although Cartier was originally French, Cartier utilises today either Swiss Made ETA/Valjoux movements or some Swiss Made in-house movements, and Cartier today is entirely Swiss owned by Richemont Group. The headquarters however are still in Paris.
It’s Cartier which made wristwatches popular in the beginning of the 20th century. The Cartier brand started out as a jeweler but produced its first timepieces in 1904.
As far as ranking is concerned, I would say that Cartier belongs to the world’s top 15-20 luxury brands.
Calibre de Cartier is one of Cartier’s flagships.
Cartier is one of the most famous and respected luxury wristwatch brands in the world. The Calibre de Cartier Collection relies solely on Cartier’s in-house made movements, and this collection is typical of the Cartier brand: exquisite elegance and impeccable aesthetics.
With regards to water resistance: the Calibre de Cartier Collection can be divided into two categories:
- dress watches with a 30 meter/100 feet water resistance,
- and the divers watches with a 300 meter/1,000 feet water resistance. The divers watches are actually combined dress-, and divers watches, due to their elegant design, and impeccable aesthetics.
If water resistance is important to you, if you appreciate the Cartier brand, if you love their design, if you specifically want a Calibre de Cartier, and if you want a watch which is both a dress watch, and a divers watch, then you are specifically looking for a Calibre de Cartier with a bezel: the black ring (used for timekeeping under water) that surrounds the dial.
If the watch has no bezel – it means the water resistance is 30 meters/100 feet. This means that this is one of their dress watches with no divers watch qualities.
If the watch dial is surrounded by a black colored diver’s bezel, it means that this watch has a 300 meter/1,000 feet water resistance, and is therefore a proper divers watch.
When you go shopping online for a Calibre de Cartier divers watch, make sure to look for the black bezel that surrounds the dial.
This is a safe method of distinguishing between their dress watches and their divers watches.
- Cartier in-house automatic movement 1904-PS MC, with 27 jewels, 28,800 vph, and a 48 hour power reserve.
- Separate second hand indicator.
The most commonly used materials are:
- Stainless steel.
- 18 carat rose gold.
D = Diameter. TH = Thickness:
- D: 42mm.
- Solid case back
- Unidirectional bezel.
- Sapphire crystal.
- Black rubber straps.
- Stainless steel bracelets.
- Deployment buckle.
- 300 meters/1,000 feet.
Calibre de Cartier is absolutely suitable for diving.
- What is a Divers Watch?
- What is the ISO-6425 international standard?
- What do the various water resistance levels actually mean?
- What is a “unidirectional bezel”?
- How does the bezel work?
- Authorized and non-authorized dealers – what is the difference between them?
- Return Policy
- What To Do If The Watch Breaks
- Repairing The Watch – What Goes On Behind The Scenes?
- How Frequently Does My Watch Need To Be Serviced And Cleaned?
- How To Use The Three Types Of Watch Movements
- How To Choose a Timepiece