Authentic Jaeger-LeCoultre watches from trusted sellers
Go Shopping Here:
- Jaeger LeCoultre Master Compressor Deep Sea Vintage Chronograph
- Jaeger LeCoultre Master Compressor Diving
- Jaeger LeCoultre Polaris Date
- Jaeger LeCoultre Polaris Mariner Date
- Jaeger LeCoultre Polaris Mariner Memovox
- Jaeger LeCoultre Polaris Perpetual Calendar
Specialized in Swiss Made divers watches
- The difference between authorized and non-authorized sellers
- Buying watches online – what to think of
- What is a divers watch?
- What is the ISO-6425 international standard?
A short history of Jaeger-LeCoultre
In 1833, Antoine LeCoultre founded LeCoultre in Le Sentier in Switzerland. He founded his first workshop in 1833. He intended to base the production of Jaeger-LeCoultre timepieces on science and he sat a very high standard for refinement and technicality from the very start. Innovation is the key word that defines this excellent brand.
The original name was LeCoultre but became known as Jaeger LeCoultre in 1937. Jaeger LeCoultre is named after Edmond Jaeger and Antoine LeCoultre.
A Swiss elite watchmaker second to none
Jaeger LeCoultre is an elite Swiss watchmaker that belongs to a small and exclusive club of luxury watch manufacturers, that produces its own movements, and relies solely, entirely, and exclusively on their own in-house made movements.
Jaeger LeCoultre’s mechanical and automatic movements are considered by many to be amongst the most accurate, reliable, well crafted and aesthetically pleasing movements that money can buy today on the commercial market.
You may not know this, but in the past, legendary and respected luxury watch brands such as Audemars Piguet, Breguet, Cartier, Vacheron Constantin, and Patek Phillipe, did rely to a very large extent on Jaeger LeCoultre’s in-house made movements. This says a lot about the technical wizardry and craftsmanship of Jaeger LeCoultre.
Today, Jaeger LeCoultre is a subsidiary of the Richemont Group, and its headquarters are located in Le Sentier, in Vaud, in Switzerland.