Buy Breguet Marine watches online
Go Shopping Below
Price range: $15,000-$40,000. Brief information below.
Buy Breguet Marine Watches Online
- About Breguet
- Date Function
- Case Material
- Case Dimension
- Case Back
- Strap Materials
- Water Resistance
- Additional Questions
In 1775 Abraham-Louis Breguet founded Breguet in Paris. It’s one of the oldest luxury watch manufacturers in the world. Breguet himsef was born in Neuchâtel Switzerland but he spent most of his productive life in Paris. The origins of the Breguet brand should therefore be considered to be Swiss and French.
Breguet is consistently ranked among the top 10 luxury watch brands. In similarity to Blancpain, Jaeger LeCoultre, and the “Holy Trinity” of watch brands (Patek Philippe, Vacheron Constantin and Audemars Piguet), Breguet too is considered to be an epitome of an extreme luxury watch brand, which honors the old and venerable Swiss tradition of handmade luxury wristwatches.
Breguet is nowadays a subsidiary of the Swiss Swatch Group and the timepieces are produced in Vallée de Joux in Switzerland.
Breguet is one of the most innovative brands of the world. Breguet invented the first self-winding watch in 1780, the tourbillon (in 1801) – a mechanical device which counteracts the Earth’s gravity’s effect on the movement’s accuracy and reliability, and in 1810, Breguet developed the first wristwatch ever. The wristwatch was ordered by the Queen of Naples – Caroline Murat. The wristwatch was completed in 1812.
Breguet became a popular and coveted luxury watch brand among the diplomatic, military, scientfic and financial elites of the 19th and 20th century.
Breguet uses highly advanced equipment and computers to manufacture the components of Breguet’s movements but relies on master watchmakers and artisans to assemble the movements and the Breguet timepieces by hand.
Just like in the old days of watchmaking, Breguet insists that a watch must be assembled by hand by a master watchmaker.
What truly characterizes Breguet is the unique combination of innovation, and the mixture of aesthetics and mechanical constraints. Breguet usually uses highly complicated in-house movements and place them in cases with a classic design.
Famous wearers and patrons of the Breguet brand are Queen of France Marie Antoinette, Napoléon Bonaparte, Prince of Benevento Talleyrand, Empress Josephine, Sultan of the Ottoman Empire – Selim III, Queen of Naples Caroline Murat, Tsar Alexander I of Russia, Michel Ney – Marshal of France, Count Axel von Fersen, Sir Winston Churchill – Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, and Arthur Rubinstein.
- Breguet in-house automatic movement 517GG, with 35 jewels.
- Breguet in-house automatic movement 519 R, with 30 jewels. This movement is equipped with an alarm and a power reserve indicator.
- Breguet in-house automatic movement 583 Q/1, with 24 jewels. This movement is equipped with a separate second hand, and a chronograph.
- Breguet in-house automatic movement 554.3, with 28 jewels. This movement is equipped with a tourbillon, a separate second hand, and a chronograph.
- Some models are equipped with a chronograph. It depends on the model.
The most commonly used materials are:
- Stainless steel.
- 18 carat yellow gold.
- 18 carat rose gold.
- 18 carat white gold.
D = Diameter. TH = Thickness:
- D: 39mm.
- D: 42mm (most common size).
- D: 45mm.
- Exhibition case back/sapphire crystal case back.
- Most models have a fixed bezel. Only a few models have a unidirectional bezel.
- Sapphire crystal.
- Black rubber straps.
- Deployment buckle.
Depends on the model:
- 100 meter/330 feet water resistance.
- 300 meter/1000 feet water resistance.
100 meter/330 feet depth rating is suitable for swimming and snorkeling but not diving.
300 meter/1000 feet depth rating is absolutely suitable for diving.
- What is a Divers Watch?
- What is the ISO-6425 international standard?
- What do the various water resistance levels actually mean?
- What is a “unidirectional bezel”?
- How does the bezel work?
- Authorized and non-authorized dealers – what is the difference between them?
- Return Policy
- What To Do If The Watch Breaks
- Repairing The Watch – What Goes On Behind The Scenes?
- How Frequently Does My Watch Need To Be Serviced And Cleaned?
- How To Use The Three Types Of Watch Movements
- How To Choose a Timepiece