Omega Seamaster Professional – Ceramic Bezel – Black & Blue Versions
The gentlemen in the two videos down below do not work for swissdiverswatches.com, but they do provide you with excellent information on the black & blue ceramic version of the legendary Omega Seamaster Diver 300m/Omega Seamaster Professional 300m. The case and the bracelet are crafted in 316L stainless steel, and the bezel is ceramic.
Go Shopping Below
Price range: $2,500 – $4,500. Brief information below.
Buy Omega Seamaster Diver 300m
- About Omega
- About Omega Seamaster Diver 300m
- Practical Usage
- The Famous Omega Helium Valve Positioned at Ten O’Clock
- James Bond 007
- Date Function
- Case Material
- Case Dimension
- Case Back
- Strap Materials
- Water Resistance
- Additional Questions
In 1848, the 23 year old Louis Brandt established the forerunner of Omega in La Chaux-de-Fonds in Switzerland. The headquarters of Omega is today located in Biel/Bienne in Switzerland, and Omega is wholly owned by Swatch Group.
The name Omega is derived from the last letter in the Greek alphabet called Omega (Ω). Since ancient times, Omega (Ω) has been a symbol of mysticism and spirituality.
Omega is the nr 1 pioneering brand that has pushed the boundaries of both technology and human history. Omega has travelled to the Moon and to the bottom of the ocean! Omega has travelled farther and deeper than any luxury watch brand!
Omega is famous for its “Moon Watch” – the Omega Speedmaster, and its diverse and excellent divers watch collections – the Omega Seamaster.
Omega is also famous for its highly accurate and reliable movements that are fully comparable to those made by Rolex.
Omega is furthermore famous for using Co-Axial movements, and Omega has been the official timekeeper of James Bond 007 since Pierce Brosnan’s debut as James Bond in GoldenEye (1995). Even as we speak, Omega is still the official timekeeper of the James Bond franchise.
As far as ranking is concerned, Omega belongs to the top 10 luxury wristwatch manufacturers and brands in the world – without question! It’s successful worldwide and Omega is available at several retailers around the world. It’s said that Omega enjoys a 70% global brand recognition.
Omega Seamaster Diver 300m/Omega Seamaster Professional 300m is the classic Seamaster which was and still is Omega’s very first divers watch. Omega Seamaster Professional dates back to the 1950s. It’s the oldest of all the Seamaster collections. Even though the Omega Seamaster Professional has undergone several aesthetic changes since the 1950s, the Seamaster Professional Collection can trace its origins back to the 1950s.
The Omega Seamaster made its debut in 1948 as a water resistant sports and dress watch, but it wasn’t until 1957, that Omega Seamaster became known to the world as Omega’s legendary divers watch. Ever since 1957, the Omega Seamaster has been the official competitor of Rolex’s champion – the Rolex Submariner. It’s specifically the Omega Seamaster Professional that has been the Nr 1 adversary, nemesis and competitor of the Rolex Submariner. Ever since 1957, Omega and Rolex have competed over who has got the best divers watch.
Never in the history of watchmaking, have to brands and two specific watches been in such fierce competition as the Omega Seamaster Professional and the Rolex Submariner. The eternal question – Omega Seamaster Professional VS Rolex Submariner is perhaps the most saturated question in the history of watchmaking.
Omega Seamaster Professional is known across the world for its exceptionally reliable and accurate movements, and unusually beautiful, and comfortable watch cases and bracelets.
The Omega Seamaster Professional is consistently regarded as one of the most comfortable, aesthetically appealing, beautiful, sturdy, well built, and accurate luxury watches, that have ever been produced by a luxury watch manufacturer! The Sea Horse Logo on the case back of the Seamaster Professional is somewhat of a legend.
The Omega Seamaster Professional is consistently considered by many watch enthusiasts across the world, to belong among the 10 or 20 most legendary timepieces ever made by man!
The Co-Axial 2500 movement, which is still being used by Omega Seamaster Professional, is consistently being ranked among the top 10 best automatic/mechanical movements ever made by man!
In short: Omega Seamaster Professional is a legend, and an icon!
Omega Seamaster Professional is a hardy, robust, well built, versatile, elegant and reliable tool-, sports-, dress-, and divers watch all in one. You can never go wrong with an Omega Seamaster Professional!
A common question is what the safety valve/helium valve positioned at ten o’clock is used for. This helium valve is used for deep sea diving and prevents overpressure in the watch. The feature is fully functional but isn’t used for ordinary amateur diving down to a depth of 30 meters. You unscrew it to open it and screw it back to seal it. Only use it on dry land – never under water.
The Omega Seamaster Professional has been the official timekeeper of the suave, sophisticated and secret British agent James Bond 007, ever since Pierce Brosnan debuted as James Bond in GoldenEye in 1995. It has also been the official timekeeper of the present-day Bond actor Daniel Craig, even though it seems that Omega Planet Ocean and Omega Aqua Terra have quite recently taken over the role as being James Bond’s official timekeeper.
The original “James Bond Omega Seamaster Professionals” are distinctly different in five ways from the modern Omega Seamaster Professionals:
(1) The original Omega Seamaster Professionals didn’t have the Co-Axial 2500 movement. The modern versions do.
(2) The original Omega Seamaster Professional had a characteristic blue (and sometimes black) wave dial. The modern versions have either dark blue or black glossy lacquer dials.
(3) The original Omega Seamaster Professional’s bezel was made of metal, and prone to color fading and scratches. The modern Omega Seamaster Professionals have ceramic bezels, which are considerably more scratch resistant, and definitely resistant to color fading.
(4) The original Omega Seamaster Professionals had a lower case profile, or a thinner case. The modern Omega Seamaster Professional has a slightly thicker case or slightly higher case profile.
(5) The original Omega Seamaster Professionals used pins for the bracelets. The modern Omega Seamaster Professionals use screws for their bracelets, which means the modern SMP bracelets are considerably sturdier, and considerably better built than the old SMP bracelets.
To all James Bond fans:
The old or original Omega Seamaster Professionals – the ones worn by Pierce Brosnan in the 1990s and the early 2000s – GoldenEye (1995), Tomorrow Never Dies (1997), The World Is Not Enough (1999), and Die Another Day (2002), and the Omega Seamaster 300M Co-Axial 2220.80.00 -the Omega worn by Daniel Craig in Casino Royale (2006) are no longer in production.
The modern Omega Seamaster Professionals were never used in the Bond movies, but they are the closest thing you’ll get to the original “James Bond Omega Seamaster Professional”.
- Omega 1424 (Swiss Quartz).
- Omega Co-Axial automatic movement 2500, base movement Swiss automatic ETA 2892-A2, with 27 jewels, 25,200 vph, and a 48 hour power reserve.
- Omega Co-Axial in-house automatic movement 3330, with a 52 hour power reserve. Used for chronographs.
- Omega Co-Axial automatic movement 3603, with a 52 hour power reserve. Probably in-house made. Used for the GMT function and chronographs.
- All of their watches have a manual helium valve located at the ten o’clock position.
- A few models are equipped with a chronograph and a GMT-function.
- 316L stainless steel.
Ladies’ watches: D = Diameter. TH = Thickness:
- D: 28mm.
Men’s watches: D = Diameter. TH = Thickness:
- D: 36,35mm.
- D: 41mm.
- D: 41,50mm.
- D: 44mm.
- Solid case back.
- Unidirectional ceramic bezel.
The bezel is ceramic, which means it’s resistant to scratches, and resistant to color fading.
- Sapphire crystal.
- 316L stainless steel bracelet.
- Push-button clasp.
- 300 meters/1,000 feet.
Omega Seamaster Diver 300m/Omega Seamaster Professional 300m is absolutely suitable for diving.
- What is a Divers Watch?
- What is the ISO-6425 international standard?
- What do the various water resistance levels actually mean?
- What is a “unidirectional bezel”?
- How does the bezel work?
- Authorized and non-authorized dealers – what is the difference between them?
- Return Policy
- What To Do If The Watch Breaks
- Repairing The Watch – What Goes On Behind The Scenes?
- How Frequently Does My Watch Need To Be Serviced And Cleaned?
- How To Use The Three Types Of Watch Movements
- How To Choose a Timepiece