Buy Tudor Pelagos watches
Go Shopping Below
Price range: $3,000 – $4,000. Brief information below.
Buy Tudor Pelagos
- About Tudor
- About Tudor Pelagos
- Date Function
- Case Material
- Case Dimension
- Case Back
- Strap Materials
- Water Resistance
- Additional Questions
Tudor is a subsidiary of Rolex and was established by Rolex’s founder Hans Wilsdorf in 1946, in order to offer customers a more affordable alternative, that would deliver the same reliability and quality as the parent company.
Rolex manufactures the Tudor watches at the Rolex facilities in Geneva, Switzerland.
Tudor is known to make very good and affordable divers, and sports watches, and it’s precisely sports, and diving that define Tudor as a brand. Tudor’s brand identity is of course also based on being a subsidiary of Rolex which can offer more affordable watches than the parent company.
Tudor is in a sense Rolex, but there are some key differences that set Rolex and Tudor apart:
- Rolex relies exclusively and 100% on in-house made movements. Tudor relies both on modified generic lower end ETA/Valjoux movements, and in-house made Tudor movements, manufactured by Rolex.
- All Rolex movements are chronometer certified. Only Tudor’s in-house made movements are chronometer certified. Tudor watches using modified generic lower end ETA/Valjoux movements are not chronometer certified.
- Tudor is considerably more affordable than Rolex which is first and foremost attributable to the fact that Tudor to a large extent uses Swiss ETA movements. This means Rolex is spared the manufacture and labor costs.
- Tudor uses a steel grade called 316L, which is used by several other Swiss luxury wristwatch brands such as Omega and Breitling. Tudor unlike Rolex, also relies on titanium. Rolex on the other hand uses the 904L stainless steel alloy.
- Tudor has a slightly different design from Rolex. Aesthetically speaking, Tudor is more playful and experimental whereas Rolex tends to be more conservative and traditional. The aesthetical part is just a matter of taste – there is no right and wrong here. It’s up to you to decide which design is preferable.
Opting for Tudor means you are opting for a watch which belongs to a respected, and admired Swiss luxury brand.
Pelagos is Greek and means the deep or the deep sea.
Buying a Tudor means that you’ll get a taste of the Rolex brand, but in a considerably more reasonable price range, and buying a Tudor Pelagos means you are opting for the very best divers watch that Tudor can offer you.
In fact, Tudor Pelagos might very well be one of the top 5 best tool- and divers watches currently in production in the Swiss luxury wristwatch industry.
Tudor Pelagos is made of titanium, which makes it very light on your wrist, and is comfortable to wear. The Pelagos has a water resistance of 500 meters/1,640 feet, has a Rolex style automatic helium valve at the nine o’clock position at the side of the case, and has an adjustable clasp and bracelet which you can adjust on the fly without using any tools.
The new Tudor Pelagos is equipped with a chronometer certified Tudor in-house made automatic movement MT5612, with 28,800 vph, and an impressive 70 hour power reserve. This movement is also equipped with a silicon hairspring, which makes this movement anti-magnetic – very much in similarity to Rolex and Omega.
The Tudor Pelagos is absolutely based on, and inspired from, the legendary Rolex Submariner. Opting for a Tudor Pelagos means you’ll get a watch which feels more modern and up-to-date than the Rolex Submariner.
- Tudor automatic movement 2824, base movement Swiss automatic ETA 2824, with 25 jewels, 28,800 vph, and a 38 hour power reserve.
- Tudor in-house automatic movement MT5612, with 28,800 vph, and a 70 hour power reserve.
- Rolex style automatic helium valve at the nine o’clock position at the side of the case.
- Basic time functions: hour-, minute-, and second hands.
- Date window.
- Brushed and polished titanium.
D = Diameter. TH = Thickness:
- D: 42mm.
- Solid case back.
- Unidirectional titanium bezel.
- Sapphire crystal.
- Titanium bracelets.
- Black rubber straps.
- Fold-over clasp with safety, and adjustable clasp and bracelet. You can adjust the size of the bracelet on the fly without using any tools.
- 500 meters/1,640 feet.
Tudor Pelagos is absolutely suitable for diving.
- What is a Divers Watch?
- What is the ISO-6425 international standard?
- What do the various water resistance levels actually mean?
- What is a “unidirectional bezel”?
- How does the bezel work?
- Authorized and non-authorized dealers – what is the difference between them?
- Return Policy
- What To Do If The Watch Breaks
- Repairing The Watch – What Goes On Behind The Scenes?
- How Frequently Does My Watch Need To Be Serviced And Cleaned?
- How To Use The Three Types Of Watch Movements
- How To Choose a Timepiece