Buy Alpina Seastrong watches online
Go Shopping Below
Price range: $600 – $3,500. Brief information below.
Buy Alpina Seastrong Online
- About Alpina
- About Alpina Seastrong
- Date Function
- Case Material
- Case Dimension
- Case Back
- Strap Materials
- Water Resistance
- Additional Questions
In 1883, Alpina Swiss Watchmakers Corporation was established by Gottlieb Hauser. The original name of the brand was “Alpina Union Horlogère S.A. (UH)/ Schweizerische Uhrmacher-Genossenschaft”. In 2002, Alpina was purchased by Frédérique Constant SA – owned by Peter and Aletta Stas. Alpina’s headquarters are located in Geneva, Switzerland.
Gottlieb Hauser united independent Swiss watchmakers who were later on referred to as “Alpinists” – thereby giving the brand its name – Alpina.
Originally, Hauser intended for Alpina to optimize the production of timepieces and movements, but the brand ultimately ended up developing and producing its very own chronometers and in-house movements – also referred to as “calibers”.
The Alpina Seastrong Divers Watch Collection was released by Alpina in 1969.
The Alpina Seastrong Collection consists of divers watches and sailing watches. These are typical sporty looking tool watches with a robust feel to them and a technical and professional look to them. Even though Alpina may not be a very famous brand, it offers you excellent quality watches considering the money you spend on them As far as movements and price range are concerned, Alpina probably belongs in the same category of watch brands and manufacturers such as TAG Heuer, Longines and Oris. Alpina’s divers watches are somewhat similar in design to the Omega Seamaster Collection.
The fact that Alpina is a less common and less famous brand may actually be an advantage since it probably would make the brand more interesting. This very unusual brand could become an interesting topic among watch lovers, friends and acquaintances.
- AL-240 quartz movement.
- AL-525 automatic movement, base movement is Swiss ETA 2824-2 automatic, with 25 jewels, 28,800 vph, and a 38 hour power reserve.
- AL-725 automatic movement, base movement is Swiss ETA/Valjoux 7750 movement, with 25 jewels, 28,800 vph, and a 46 hour power reserve. This movement is used for chronographs.
- AL-880 automatic movement, base movement SW500 chronograph (Sellita 500), with 25 jewels, 28,800 vph, and a 46 hour power reserve.
- Most of their watches have a date function. Only a minority of their watches haven’t got a date function.
- Many of their watches are equipped with a chronograph, but not all of them.
- Stainless steel is the most commonly used material.
Ladies’ watches: D = Diameter. TH = Thickness:
- D: 38mm.
Men’s watches: D = Diameter. TH = Thickness:
- D: 44mm.
- D: 46mm.
- D: 49mm. TH: 16mm.
- Some models have a solid stainless steel case back while others have an exhibition case back/sapphire crystal case back.
- Unidirectional bezel.
- Sapphire crystal.
The most commonly used materials are:
- Metal bracelets.
- Rubber straps.
Depends on the model. The most commonly used clasps are:
- Deployment buckle.
- Butterfly clasp.
- Depends on the model. Most models offer a water resistance of 300 meters/1000 feet. Some models offer a water resistance of 1000 meters/3300 feet.
Alpina Seastrong is absolutely suitable for diving.
- What is a Divers Watch?
- What is the ISO-6425 international standard?
- What do the various water resistance levels actually mean?
- What is a “unidirectional bezel”?
- How does the bezel work?
- Authorized and non-authorized dealers – what is the difference between them?
- Return Policy
- What To Do If The Watch Breaks
- Repairing The Watch – What Goes On Behind The Scenes?
- How Frequently Does My Watch Need To Be Serviced And Cleaned?
- How To Use The Three Types Of Watch Movements
- How To Choose a Timepiece