Buy Baume & Mercier Riviera watches
Baume & Mercier Main Page/Browse By Brand/Baume & Mercier Brand Review
The short video down below gives you a good impression of the aesthetic details of the Baume & Mercier Riviera – an elegant and dressy divers watch. The video down below is the property of The Watch Maker.
Go Shopping Below
Price range: $2,500-$7,000 . Brief information below.
All watches sold on Amazon.com come with a warranty./This is Amazon’s official policy.
Buy Baume & Mercier Riviera
Brief information and technical specifications:
- About Baume & Mercier
- About Baume & Mercier Riviera
- Date Function
- Case Material
- Case Dimension
- Case Back
- Strap Materials
- Water Resistance
- Additional Questions
About Baume & Mercier:
In 1830, Baume & Mercier was founded as “Frères Baume” by two brothers called Célestin Baume and Louis-Victor. They opened a watch dealership in a village called Les Bois, located in the Swiss Jura region in western Switzerland close to the French and German border. Baume & Mercier – originally Frères Baume, grew rapidly as a result of innovations and extraordinary good reputation.
Baume & Mercier has been independent most of its history but has been a subsidiary of the Richemont Group since 1988.
About Baume & Mercier Riviera:
Baume & Mercier’s Riviera Divers Watches are a good blend of sporty and elegant designs. These watches are absolutely suitable for diving given their water resistance at 200 meters/660 feet. The Baume & Mercier Riviera Divers Watches could potentially be used both as daily watches, and as dress watches for life’s special moments. This collection relies primarily on standardized Swiss ETA movements – the tried, tested and venerable Valjoux 7750.
- 7750 Valjoux automatic chronograph movement, with 25 jewels, 28,800 vph, and a 46 hour power reserve.
- The non chronograph movement hasn’t been specified, but is most likely the ETA 2895-2 Swiss automatic movement, with 27 jewels, 28,800 vph, and with a 42 hour power reserve.
- Most models have a date function. A few models don’t have a date function.
- Almost all their watches/models are equipped with a chronograph.
The most commonly used materials are:
- Stainless steel.
- PVD stainless steel.
- Steel and gold case.
D = Diameter. TH = Thickness:
- D: 40mm.
- D: 43mm (most common size).
- D: 45mm.
- Most models have a solid stainless steel case back. A few models have an exhibition case back/sapphire crystal case back.
There are two versions of the Baume & Mercier Riviera:
- Models with a unidirectional bezel.
- Models with a fixed bezel.
- Sapphire crystal.
The most commonly used clasps are:
- Deployment clasp with buckle.
- A push-button deployment clasp.
- 200 meters/660 feet (suitable for diving)
Only Baume & Mercier Riviera watches with a unidirectional bezel are fit for diving. The models with a fixed bezel aren’t.
- What is a Divers Watch?
- What is the ISO-6425 international standard?
- What do the various water resistance levels actually mean?
- What is a “unidirectional bezel”?
- How does the bezel work?
- Authorized and non-authorized dealers – what is the difference between them?
- Return Policy
- What To Do If The Watch Breaks
- Repairing The Watch – What Goes On Behind The Scenes?
- How Frequently Does My Watch Need To Be Serviced And Cleaned?
- How To Use The Three Types Of Watch Movements
- How To Choose a Timepiece