Buy Breguet Transatlantique watches
Go Shopping Below
Price range: $7,000-$20,000. Brief information below.
Buy Breguet Transatlantique
- About Breguet
- Date Function
- Case Material
- Case Dimension
- Case Back
- Strap Materials
- Water Resistance
- Additional Questions
In 1775 Abraham-Louis Breguet founded Breguet in Paris. It’s one of the oldest luxury watch manufacturers in the world. Breguet himsef was born in Neuchâtel Switzerland but he spent most of his productive life in Paris. The origins of the Breguet brand should therefore be considered to be Swiss and French.
Breguet is consistently ranked among the top 10 luxury watch brands. In similarity to Blancpain, Jaeger LeCoultre, and the “Holy Trinity” of watch brands (Patek Philippe, Vacheron Constantin and Audemars Piguet), Breguet too is considered to be an epitome of an extreme luxury watch brand, which honors the old and venerable Swiss tradition of handmade luxury wristwatches.
Breguet is nowadays a subsidiary of the Swiss Swatch Group and the timepieces are produced in Vallée de Joux in Switzerland.
Breguet is one of the most innovative brands of the world. Breguet invented the first self-winding watch in 1780, the tourbillon (in 1801) – a mechanical device to counteract the Earth’s gravity’s effect on the movement’s accuracy and reliability, and in 1810, Breguet developed the first wristwatch ever. The wristwatch was ordered by the Queen of Naples – Caroline Murat. The wristwatch was completed in 1812.
Breguet became a popular and coveted luxury watch brand among the diplomatic, military, scientfic and financial elites of the 19th and 20th century.
Breguet uses highly advanced equipment and computers to manufacture the components of Breguet’s movements but relies on master watchmakers and artisans to assemble the movements and the Breguet timepieces by hand.
Just like in the old days of watchmaking, Breguet insists that a watch must be assembled by hand by a master watchmaker.
What truly characterizes Breguet is the unique combination of innovation, and the mixture of aesthetics and mechanical constraints. Breguet usually uses highly complicated in-house movements and place them in cases with a classic design.
Famous wearers and patrons of the Breguet brand are Queen of France Marie Antoinette, Napoléon Bonaparte, Prince of Benevento Talleyrand, Empress Josephine, Sultan of the Ottoman Empire – Selim III, Queen of Naples Caroline Murat, Tsar Alexander I of Russia, Michel Ney – Marshal of France, Count Axel von Fersen, Sir Winston Churchill – Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, and Arthur Rubinstein.
- Breguet in-house automatic movement 582, base movement Lemania 1350, with 25 jewels, 28,800 vph and a 48 hour power reserve.
- Breguet in-house automatic movement 582 Q, with 25 jewels.
- Breguet in-house automatic movement 584 Q, with 26 jewels, 28,800 vph and a 48 hour power reserve.
- Breguet in-house automatic movement 589 F, with 28 jewels.
- All of their watches are chronographs.
The most commonly used materials are:
- Stainless steel.
- 18 carat rose gold.
D = Diameter. TH = Thickness:
- D: 42mm.
- Solid case back.
- Unidirectional bezel.
- Sapphire crystal.
- Alligator leather.
- Deployment buckle.
- 100 meters/330 feet.
If the depth rating is equivalent to 100 meters/330 feet, it means the watch is suitable for swimming and snorkeling but not diving.
- What is a Divers Watch?
- What is the ISO-6425 international standard?
- What do the various water resistance levels actually mean?
- What is a “unidirectional bezel”?
- How does the bezel work?
- Authorized and non-authorized dealers – what is the difference between them?
- Return Policy
- What To Do If The Watch Breaks
- Repairing The Watch – What Goes On Behind The Scenes?
- How Frequently Does My Watch Need To Be Serviced And Cleaned?
- How To Use The Three Types Of Watch Movements
- How To Choose a Timepiece