Go Shopping Below
Price range: $2,000 – $12,000. Brief information below.
Buy Omega Aqua Terra Watches Online
- About Omega
- About Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra
- Practical usage
- Technical specifics
- James Bond 007
- Date Function
- Case Material
- Case Dimension
- Case Back
- Strap Materials
- Water Resistance
- Additional Questions
In 1848, the 23 year old Louis Brandt established the forerunner of Omega in La Chaux-de-Fonds in Switzerland. The headquarters of Omega is today located in Biel/Bienne in Switzerland, and Omega is wholly owned by Swatch Group.
The name Omega is derived from the last letter in the Greek alphabet called Omega (Ω). Since ancient times, Omega (Ω) has been a symbol of mysticism and spirituality.
Omega is the nr 1 pioneering brand that has pushed the boundaries of both technology and human history. Omega has travelled to the Moon and to the bottom of the ocean! Omega has travelled farther and deeper than any luxury watch brand!
Omega is famous for its “Moon Watch” – the Omega Speedmaster, and its diverse and excellent divers watch collections – the Omega Seamaster.
Omega is also famous for its highly accurate and reliable movements that are fully comparable to those made by Rolex.
Omega is furthermore famous for using Co-Axial movements, and Omega has been the official timekeeper of James Bond 007 since Pierce Brosnan’s debut as James Bond in GoldenEye (1995). Even as we speak, Omega is still the official timekeeper of the James Bond franchise.
As far as ranking is concerned, Omega belongs to the top 10 luxury wristwatch manufacturers and brands in the world – without question! It’s successful worldwide and Omega is available at several retailers around the world. It’s said that Omega enjoys a 70% global brand recognition.
Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra is a rather new member of the Seamaster family: Aqua Terra was released by Omega in the early 2000s, and has ever since become one of Omega’s, and indeed one of the luxury watch market’s, most successful watch collections. The Aqua Terra is today a household name in the luxury watch market.
Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra is by far the most elegant sub collection within the Seamaster Collection.
It bears the name Seamaster to indicate its water resistance – it’s water resistant down to 150 meters/492 feet. However despite the name, the Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra isn’t a full fledged divers watch, rather it’s a water resistant dress-, and sports watch. Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra is indeed ideal as a water resistant sports-, and dress watch, and can be used for swimming and snorkeling but not diving.
The other Seamaster Collections – Planet Ocean, Ploprof, and Professional, are indeed full fledged divers watches.
Omega Seamaster is an iconic collection of Omega’s world class divers-, and sports watches. Being a member of the legendary Omega Seamaster Collection, the Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra is naturally a very robust, elegant, well built, and versatile watch, with an extremely accurate and reliable movement. The Omega Seamasters are built for an active and intense lifestyle, and that’s why they are tough, heavy-duty, and hard-wearing watches.
The movements, that are used by all the Seamaster Collections, are largely the same – most of the Seamaster collections use the Co-Axial movement 8500, or variations of it. It’s only the Omega Seamaster Professional Collection (the collection which contains the Classic James Bond Omega Watch) that still uses, and still depends mainly on the Co-Axial 2500 movement.
What’s significant about the Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra, is that it relies almost exclusively on Omega’s in-house made Co-Axial movements, that belong to the category of the most advanced and modern automatic/mechanical watch movements available on the luxury watch market today.
The Co-Axial movements are super accurate automatic movements, highly shock resistant, extremely resistant to magnetism (especially Co-Axial Caliber 8508), they have a very large power reserve, and the Co-Axial escapement inside the movement reduces the friction within the movement, and therefore improves the wearability and longevity of the movement.
The Omega Co-Axial 8500 movements, and the variations of it, are largely unprecedented and unparalleled (with few exceptions) in: power reserve, number of watch movement jewels, accuracy, shock resistance, anti-magnetic properties, and finally – longevity and serviceability of the movement. Omega as a brand has never been as strong and as successful as it is today.
What’s interesting about the Aqua Terras that use the 8500 Co-Axial movements and variations of it, is that you can set the date independently of the hour.
Most automatic and mechanical watches have date gears that might break if you change the date anywhere between 9 o’clock and 3 o’clock – that’s why it’s recommended that you change the date at 6 o’clock on most automatic/mechanical watches, since the date gears won’t be engaged at that hour. On most automatic/mechanical watches, and even battery/quartz watches, you can’t change the date forward and backward – only forward.
Omega Aqua Terra stands above these technical limitations: you can change the date forward and backward whenever you wish, however you wish, and how often you wish.
You can cross the 12 o’clock/midnight marker, and yet if you choose to, you can turn the hour and minute hands forward and backward, and you can change the date forward or backward on both sides of the midnight marker, without damaging the movement at all.
You change the date by moving the hour hand forward or backward, independently of the minute hand. That also means that changing the date is a bit slower but it is a small price to pay for this very convenient function.
Please note: the technical specifics described above only refer to the 8500 Co-Axial Movement and the variations of this movement. This technical information doesn’t apply to Omega movements that aren’t based on the 8500 movement. For example, these technical specifics do not apply to the Omega Co-Axial 2500 movement or the Piguet or Lemania movements.
Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra is also significant, because it has lately been one of the timepieces used by Bond actor Daniel Craig in the 23rd Bond Movie called Skyfall (2012), and in the 24th Bond Movie called Spectre (2015).
Since 1995, Omega has been the official watch brand of the James Bond movie franchise.
- Omega Co-Axial automatic movement 3313, base movement Piguet 1285, with 37 jewels, 28,800 vph, and a 52 hour power reserve. This movement is used for chronographs.
- Omega 4564 (Swiss Quartz).
- Omega Co-Axial in-house automatic movement 8500, with 39 jewels, 25,200 vph, and a 60 hour power reserve.
- Omega Co-Axial in-house automatic movement 8508. Based on Omega Co-Axial 8500.
- Omega Co-Axial in-house automatic movement 8520, Si 14 balance spring with 28 jewels, 25200 vph, and a 50 hour power reserve. Based on Omega Co-Axial 8500.
- Omega Co-Axial in-house automatic movement 8521, Si 14 balance spring with 28 jewels, 25200 vph, and a 50 hour power reserve. Based on Omega-Co-Axial 8500.
- Omega Co-Axial in-house automatic movement 8601, with 39 jewels, 25200 vph, and a 55 hour power reserve.
- Omega Co-Axial in-house automatic movement 8602. Based on Omega Co-Axial 8500.
- Omega Co-Axial in-house automatic movement 8605, 28800 vph, and a 60 hour power reserve. Used for GMT movements. Based on the Omega Co-Axial 8500.
- Omega Co-Axial in-house automatic movement 8611, Si 14 balance spring with 39 jewels, 25,200 vph, and a 55 hour power reserve. Based on Omega Co-Axial 8500.
- Omega Co-Axial in-house automatic movement 8612, based on the Omega Co-Axial 8500.
- Some of their watches are equipped with a chronograph and a GMT-function, while most of their watches have the basic time functions: hour-, minute-, and second hands.
The most commonly used materials are:
- 316L stainless steel.
- 18 carat rose gold.
Ladies’ watches: D = Diameter. TH = Thickness:
- D: 30mm.
- D: 34mm.
Men’s watches: D = Diameter. TH = Thickness:
- D: 38,5mm.
- D: 41,5mm.
- D: 43mm.
- D: 44mm.
- Most of their watches have an exhibition back/sapphire crystal back.
Depends on the model:
- Most Aqua Terras have a fixed bezel.
- A few unique versions of the Aqua Terra, do in fact have a unidirectional bezel.
- Sapphire crystal.
- 316L stainless steel bracelets.
- 18 carat rose gold bracelets.
- Leather straps – crocodile.
- Push-button clasp.
- Deployment clasp.
- 150 meters/492 feet.
Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra is a water resistant sports-, and dress watch, suitable for swimming and snorkeling but not diving.
- What is a Divers Watch?
- What is the ISO-6425 international standard?
- What do the various water resistance levels actually mean?
- What is a “unidirectional bezel”?
- How does the bezel work?
- Authorized and non-authorized dealers – what is the difference between them?
- Return Policy
- What To Do If The Watch Breaks
- Repairing The Watch – What Goes On Behind The Scenes?
- How Frequently Does My Watch Need To Be Serviced And Cleaned?
- How To Use The Three Types Of Watch Movements
- How To Choose a Timepiece