Go Shopping Below
Price range: $600 – $4,000. Brief information below.
Buy Oris Aquis
- About Oris
- About Oris Aquis
- Date Function
- Case Material
- Case Dimension
- Case Back
- Strap Materials
- Water Resistance
- Additional Questions
In 1904, Paul Cattin and Georges Christian, established Oris close to Hölstein in Basel-Country in Switzerland. The headquarters of Oris are still in the small Swiss city of Hölstein. Oris is one of very few independent Swiss watchmakers left. Oris is famous for making relatively affordable mechanical watches. According to Oris, they have never made battery/quartz driven watches and they never will.
As far as ranking is concerned, Oris probably belongs to the world’s top 20-30 luxury wristwatch brands.
Oris probably makes the most unique combination of tool-, and divers watches on the market. Oris’ design is practical, functional, chunky, burly and robust. Oris isn’t trying to resemble Rolex, Breitling or Omega, and their rather traditional and classic designs. Oris is Oris – a completely unique brand with a completely unique feel and identity.
The brand is unique because Oris is an exclusive member of very few fully independent Swiss watchmakers left in the industry. Oris is unique because it has never made any quartz/battery driven watches. Oris is also unique because its design is completely unique – you can never mistake an Oris divers watch for anything else but an Oris divers watch.
Another reason for Oris being a unique Swiss brand is because it has developed a completely unique bezel system called the “Rotation Safety System” for the Oris ProDiver range, which locks the bezel in a certain position – which means it’s impossible to accidentally knock the bezel into a different position.
And last but certainly not the least: Another reason for Oris’ uniqueness are the relatively affordable prices and the quite massive water resistance that this brand has to offer you. As far as the water resistance is concerned, Oris’ divers watches are way above anything that TAG Heuer or Longines have to offer.
Oris Aquis divers watches are dependable, reliable, and robust tool watches in a relatively affordable price range, with a water resistance ranging from 300 meters/1,000 feet to 500 meters/1,640 feet. Their models are crafted either in stainless steel or titanium, and some of their models are quite tech heavy with chronograph functions and mechanical depth gauges.
Oris’ Aquis watches come in several sizes ranging from 36.50mm for women, to 43mm, 43.50mm, 45.50mm, and 46mm for men.
- Oris automatic movement 733, base movement Swiss automatic SW 200-1 (Sellita), with 26 jewels, 28,800 vph, and a 38 hour power reserve.
- Oris automatic movement 735, base movement Swiss automatic SW 220-1 (Sellita), with 26 jewels, 28,800 vph, and a 38 hour power reserve.
- Oris automatic movement 743, base movement Swiss automatic SW 220-1 (Sellita), with 28 jewels, 28,800 vph, and a 38 hour power reserve.
- Oris automatic movement 749, base movement Swiss automatic SW220-1 (Sellita), with 28 jewels, 28,800 vph, and a 38 hour power reserve.
- Oris automatic movement 752, base movement Swiss automatic SW 220-1 (Sellita), with 26 jewels, 28,800 vph, and a 38 hour power reserve.
- Oris automatic movement 774, base movement Swiss automatic SW 500 (Sellita) with 25 jewels, 28,800 vph, and a 48 hour power reserve.
- Most Oris Aquis watches are equipped with the basic time functions: hour-, minute-, and second hands, and a date window.
- A few models are equipped with a chronograph and a mechanical depth gauge.
The most commonly used materials are:
- Stainless steel.
- Black steel.
Ladies’ watches: D = Diameter. TH = Thickness:
- D: 36.50mm.
Men’s watches: D = Diameter. TH = Thickness:
- D: 43mm.
- D: 43.50mm.
- D: 45.50mm.
- D: 46mm.
- Most of their watches have a solid case back. A few of their models offer an exhibition case back/sapphire crystal case back.
Only a few Oris divers watches have a ceramic bezel. Most bezels are either made of stainless steel or titanium.
- Sapphire crystal.
The most commonly used materials are:
- Stainless steel bracelets.
- Titanium bracelets.
- Black rubber straps.
- Blue rubber straps.
- Yellow rubber straps.
- Brown rubber straps.
- Orange rubber straps.
- Leather straps.
- Push-button clasp.
Depends on the model:
- 300 meters/1,000 feet.
- 500 meters/1,640 feet.
Oris Aquis is absolutely suitable for diving. It’s a matter of fact, Oris’ Aquis watches are among the very best tool- and divers watches in the industry.
- What is a Divers Watch?
- What is the ISO-6425 international standard?
- What do the various water resistance levels actually mean?
- What is a “unidirectional bezel”?
- How does the bezel work?
- Authorized and non-authorized dealers – what is the difference between them?
- Return Policy
- What To Do If The Watch Breaks
- Repairing The Watch – What Goes On Behind The Scenes?
- How Frequently Does My Watch Need To Be Serviced And Cleaned?
- How To Use The Three Types Of Watch Movements
- How To Choose a Timepiece