Go Shopping Below
Price range: $6,000 – $20,000. Brief information below.
Buy Panerai Luminor Submersible
- About Panerai
- About Panerai Luminor Submersible
- Date Function
- Case Material
- Case Dimension
- Case Back
- Strap Materials
- Water Resistance
- Additional Questions
Panerai was originally an Italian luxury watch brand, established by Giovanni Panerai, in Florence, in Italy, in 1860. Panerai is today a Swiss brand, Swiss owned, and Panerai relies exclusively on Swiss movements – some of them are in-house made, and quite many are ETA/Valjoux movements. Panerai has been Italian since 1860 and Swiss since 1997.
That’s what makes Panerai so special, and makes it a bit different from other Swiss luxury watch brands. Panerai is Swiss – and yet Italian. The watches are manufactured today in Neuchâtel in Switzerland.
Officine Panerai, or Panerai, is first and foremost famous for having been the official supplier of watches to the Italian navy of the early and mid 20th century.
Panerai Luminor Submersible is the only family or collection within the Panerai brand, which can offer you genuine full fledged divers watches with a proper timer/unidirectional bezel.
Water resistant down to 300 meters/1,000 feet, the Panerai Luminor Submersible is suitable for diving.
Luminor Submersible is also the particular collection within Panerai that feels most modern and up to date, and the Panerai Luminor Submersible is usually crafted in stainless steel, titanium or in more unusual cases – bronze.
Panerai Luminor Submersible is also famous for having been the watch of choice of Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Dolph Lundgren and Terry Crews in the action movie Expendables 2 (2012).
- Panerai automatic movement OP III, base movement Swiss automatic Valjoux 7750-P1 with 21 jewels, 28,800 vph, and a 42 hour power reserve.
- Panerai in-house automatic movement P. 9000, with 28 jewels, 28,800 vph, and a 72 hour power reserve.
- Most Panerai Luminor Submersibles are equipped with just the basic time functions: hour-, and minute hands, and a separate second hand on a sub dial.
- A few of the Panerai Luminor Submersibles are equipped with a GMT-function: a 2nd time zone indicator (hand) on the dial.
The most commonly used materials are:
- Stainless steel.
D = Diameter. TH = Thickness:
- D: 44mm.
- D: 47mm.
- Most of their watches have an exhibition case back/sapphire crystal case back.
- Sapphire crystal.
- Rubber straps.
- Leather straps.
- Deployment clasp.
- 300 meters/1,000 feet.
Panerai Luminor Submersible is suitable for diving.
- What is a Divers Watch?
- What is the ISO-6425 international standard?
- What do the various water resistance levels actually mean?
- What is a “unidirectional bezel”?
- How does the bezel work?
- Authorized and non-authorized dealers – what is the difference between them?
- Return Policy
- What To Do If The Watch Breaks
- Repairing The Watch – What Goes On Behind The Scenes?
- How Frequently Does My Watch Need To Be Serviced And Cleaned?
- How To Use The Three Types Of Watch Movements
- How To Choose a Timepiece