Go Shopping Below
Price range: $300 – $3,500. Brief information below.
Buy Victorinox Swiss Army Alpnach
- About Victorinox
- About Victorinox Swiss Army Alpnach
- Date Function
- Case Material
- Case Dimension
- Case Back
- Strap Materials
- Water Resistance
- Additional Questions
Victorinox was founded by Karl Elsener in 1884, in the city of Ibach, in the Canton of Schwyz, in Switzerland. The brand is an independent family owned company. Victorinox is first and foremost famous for its legendary Swiss Army Knife.
The original commercial idea of Victorinox was to manufacture high quality pocket knives for the Swiss army. It wasn’t until 1989, that Victorinox launched its first watches.
Victorinox Swiss Army Alpnach is a collection of highly robust water resistant pilot watches with a water resistance of 100 meters/330 feet. Even though divers watches are expected to have a minimum water resistance of 100 meters/330 feet, the Alpnach isn’t a full fledged divers watch.
The Alpnach is a more upscale collection within the Victorinox brand, and the prices that can be found in the Alpnach collection are unusally high by Victorinox’s standards.
The Alpnach collection relies entirely on Swiss automatic ETA/Valjoux movements.
- One of the movements used is most likely automatic movement 2824, base movement Swiss automatic ETA 2824, with 25 jewels, 28,800 vph, and a 38 hour power reserve.
- Swiss automatic ETA/Valjoux 7750, with 25 jewels, 28,800 vph, and a 42 hour power reserve.
- All of their watches have the basic time functions: hour-, minute-, and second hands.
- Many of their watches have a chronograph, a tachymeter, and a weekday indicator.
The most commonly used materials are:
- Stainless steel.
- PVD treated stainless steel.
Victorinox Swiss Army Alpnach comes in various sizes indicated below:
D = Diameter. TH = Thickness:
- D: 41mm.
- D: 43mm.
- D: 43,5mm.
- D: 44mm.
- Some of their watches have a solid case back.
- Some of their watches have an exhibition case back/sapphire crystal case back.
- Unidirectional bezel.
- Sapphire crystal.
- Stainless steel bracelets.
- PVD treated stainless steel bracelets.
- Leather straps.
- Textile straps.
- Fold-over clasp with safety.
- 100 meters/330 feet.
Victorinox Swiss Army Alpnach is suitable for swimming and snorkeling but not diving. Please note that this isn’t a full fledged divers watch – this is a water resistant pilot watch.
- What is a Divers Watch?
- What is the ISO-6425 international standard?
- What do the various water resistance levels actually mean?
- What is a “unidirectional bezel”?
- How does the bezel work?
- Authorized and non-authorized dealers – what is the difference between them?
- Return Policy
- What To Do If The Watch Breaks
- Repairing The Watch – What Goes On Behind The Scenes?
- How Frequently Does My Watch Need To Be Serviced And Cleaned?
- How To Use The Three Types Of Watch Movements
- How To Choose a Timepiece